The information we gather at your first meeting with a psychologist and how it is used is detailed in our terms and conditions of the consent and contract form.
How and why do we collect Personal Data on our website?
What is a Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer via your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies are used to save certain information and are only used to store data. They are not used to do anything harmful, like start a process or effect your computer.
What Cookies do we use?
There are a number of Cookies that are stored when you visit our website. These are used by us to monitor the performance of the website.
Cookies don’t stay around forever and your web browser will eventually delete them.
When a website stores a cookie, it states how long the cookie should stay on the computer for – this can be for the current visit only or for a period of time, for example one week.
You can choose to delete our, or any websites’ cookies from your web browser at any time (for help on how to do this, go to www.aboutcookies.org). You can also set your web browser to not accept any cookies if you wish.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that The Little Therapy Room holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. We reserve the right to make a nominal charge for such information requests. Any such requests should be made to this email address:
What data we gather
If you contact us via the website, We may collect the following information to enable us to contact you and learn a little about your child and his/her needs. This will include:
- Name and address (postal and email)
- Date of birth
- GP details
- Name of educational establishment (where relevant)
- Details of private health insurance policies (where relevant)During the course of initial contact and then subsequent therapy, we will inevitably also collect a significant amount of other personal data relevant to assessing and treating your presenting psychological difficulties i.e. to enable us to offer you the service you have sought from us.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us:
- Contact you to set up an assessment and subsequent therapy
- To determine if our service is appropriate for your child
- Conduct a thorough psychological assessment
- Devise and implement an effective treatment plan (therapy)
- Invoice for the services rendered
- Communicate (when necessary and agreed with you) with relevant third parties to support your treatment and manage risks
Dr Naira Wilson is the data controller for The Little Therapy Room. This means that any personal data you provide to The Little Therapy Room is controlled by her.
Dr Naira Wilson is registered with the ICO as a data controller.
The Little Therapy Room 2018